Friday, October 17, 2014

Moving on up, or I guess just south

Okay, so because I've been feeling antsy in the country... we're moving! Joke joke. Clay actually got a big ol' new job in Manhattan (go, cc! Very proud of him) and the commute into the city from out here would just be brutal (like 4 hours or more a day brutal) and we'd never see his face. And yes, okay, I have been feeling antsy. I'm not a boonies kind of girl, people.

For now, we're planning to try and keep our house and also rent a pad in Brooklyn. This means sticking to a real budget and maybe we'll rent out the apartment again and maybe we'll wave the flag and go no, too much! But we do love this house and want a place to traipse the fields and see zero people and let the girls swim and so why not give it a try.

The plan is still coming together, but I think we'll finish out Harper's school through Christmas break and then move. I haven't broken the news to her friends or teachers or even her yet, so that will be a process. We may very well sign a lease before December so we can get things set up and Clay can have a crash pad. It all depends on what we find and when it's available.

I'm pretty sure lots of people will think this sounds crazy and stressful and what? And to them I say nobody can eat 50 eggs. Or actually I'll just say I'm excited! It's okay and good and the girls will be just fine. I pretty much can't deal with all that's going to be near me/walkable/subwayable.

Tomorrow we're looking at places in the neighborhood where the Huxtables lived so, yeah, JOY. (We're going to have our own sitcom material with 4 people going from multiple bathrooms to 1.)

And that's kinda that! (Working title for said sitcom?)

6 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Would love to see you and meet the girls when you move down this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting adventure for you guys! You are amazing with your support and excitement for life. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazingly cool!! Also - the Huxtable neighborhood?? Living the dream, lady. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! And I'm jealous! I'm in NYC a lot for work now so maybe we can meet up for lunch sometime. Keep me posted on the apartment hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming out of the woodworks to say congrats to the C fam. I saw the announcement on WWD and wondered if it was the same CC my favorite one-time blogger is married to! So happy to see you're blogging again. I have a lot to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, hello! Glad you found me again! Too funny about Clay being announced on WWD. Surreal! And thanks -- it's an exciting change!!

      Delete