Monday, September 8, 2014

Mondee

(Got clued in that my commenting set-up thingamajig was all jacked. Fixed now!)

School haz begun. A thousand cheers! She woke me up early this morning, fully dressed and ready to party/get educated. "I was worried you'd sleep through circle time!" Dear heart.

We kissed goodbye and she walked right up to her teacher who was sitting at the picnic table chopping veggies (it's a labor camp for the most part, but a nice one). They had their special hello moment, where they clasp hands and chat for a bit, and then off she went and off I went (with Bea, falling asleep in my arms because uh hey mom, nap time?) So different from last year when I'd sneak around the corner with my big belly and watch her sit alone on a rock for awhile and look around plaintively. 

And now I'm here alone with Drooly McPhee. It's quieter, but not exactly quiet, as this one is the chattiest/screamiest/laughiest kid. And today whinywhiny as she learned to scoot this weekend, but...backward. George is pacing and a little confused, but he'll settle down. (She hoped.) And now. I have lukewarm coffee to sip, piles of laundry to do and hopefully some exercise/organizing/writing. As for Bea, she's dialing a very convincing looking number on the phone. If it's you, I wouldn't pick up.

1 comment:

  1. You're back! Love it! Just wanted to commiserate on the school thing. Bowie has been back since Aug. 18 (thank the LORD) but Ferris has to wait until his 2nd birthday, still next WEEK ugh, to start at preschool. I feel like we do a lot of that staring at each other and twiddling our thumbs thing. I'm trying to fill the day with activity: play dough, finger painting, lots of swinging and slides at the park. But I feel like we spend a shameful amount of time vegging with Thomas and Caillou on repeat. Can't wait for him to be there every day, getting all the social goodness and stimulation.

    ReplyDelete