Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Anyway

It's been two years since I blogged and the other night I spent all night ("all night") (which means 8-10, the special hours when both girls are asleep) reading my archives and feeling delighted those six years were memorexed. So I'll try again. Probably less kid pictures this time.

1. Harper starts 80% of her sentences with "Anyway..." It's great. And now I can't stop doing it either.
"Hey, Shem, you gotta turn the TV off."
*long pause*
"Anyway...I think I'll keep watching."
"Anyway. No. It's bedtime."

2. Yesterday she and I were sitting on the steps together and she picked up my foot and stared at the bottom of my big toe.
"Ew. Is that skin peeling?"
"Yep. It hurts, too."
"Anyway. Well. I had that once. I just ate the skin."

3. I cannot rest or die until I've tasted every flavor of La Croix.

4. Am I supposed to not let H watch Strawberry Shortcake because they say things are "berry, berry delicious?" I've heard that theory, but I'm too tired to give it much thought.

5. Today I was sitting on the couch with both girls and after reading a couple emails on my phone, I looked over (2 inches) and Bea was chewing on a pair of scissors.

Anyway. Glad I'm back.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you're back (both to blogging and from the beach)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you're doing the Blogz again! I mean I twice baked potato liked it and all. This post made me laugh, as Hadleys new thing is 'sooo'. As in:
    Moi: Hadley, could you bring me the remote control?
    LadyH: well, Im finishing my painting, sooooo...
    I have to hand it to her; shes not outright telling me 'no', but rather letting me know shes otherwise engaged, and its probably gonna be a while, sooooo..... :)

    ReplyDelete