Thursday, November 6, 2014

Nosy

Lately I've had the weirdest things with smells. Something pretty generic and everyday normal that I smell all the time will send me swirling back to the most specific things.

Examples:

Last night I was making hot cocoa with a Swiss Miss pack. (A guilty pleasure, shhh.) Even though I drink hot chocolate constantly, I was suddenly BAM back in 6th grade, February vacation, watching Grease on repeat.

Two days ago I ate a clementine and was BAM at my grandmother's house in elementary school at Christmas time.

And other ones my tired brain can't think of right now. I feel like this is something that should happen when you're 95 and in the winter days of life, remembering the peppermint candies your Mamaw made? Not 32, hangin with a baby and washing the sofa slipcover.

Anyway. Back to those slipcovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment