Sunday, January 4, 2015

Suddenly Susan! I mean single.

Especially because I'm going to go into, oh... zero details, this is an awkward post to draft. But I wanted to send a note into the cyber zone that with this new year comes many new things.

1) Brooklyn! (I love it.)

then 2)... and oh, 2) is the big one.

2) I'm getting a divorce.

Woah.

That looks insane typed out.

Important facts: I'm okay. And so are the girls (and all of us for that matter.) Clay and I are going to co-parent in Brooklyn and make it work for those tiny nuggets. It's hard to explain without explaining, but the worst is behind me and there's only hope ahead.

I'm going to use this space to talk about single-mama-in-the-city stuff for suuuure, but not divorce stuff. I know you understand.

Weird, right? Super weird. But such is life sometimes.

I feel scared/worried/nauseated sometimes -- but I also feel buoyant. And peaceful. And me.

Here's to a wonderful year.

10 comments:

  1. Hugs your way. We're all here for you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a big change. I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you will be able to forge ahead and make things work. Hopefully the new city will be positive for all of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy weird. Glad you are feeling like YOU though. That says a lot. I hope Brooklyn, and 2015, and life in general is on the up and up for you all.
    (Also, hearing stuff likes this is when I feel strange about having "blog friends" because I feel schmucky now for assuming life was all hunky dory A-okay, when in fact you've been going through a lot, obviously. Not that I'm someone you'd reach out to, I just feel badly if, over the last however many months, I've complained about trivial stupid shit when you had REAL shit going on, you know? So if I did, I'm sorry. Perspective, you know?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      And no worries about all that. That's just life. It's okay to complain about little things -- I do! Everyone does! But I hear you, it's weird because through this I've realized there's so much we don't know about other people's lives and it's best not to compare or assume everyone's life is perfect :)

      Delete
  4. Amy! So happy to have found your blog again - I have missed your writing! So happy you are in BK and I hope the fates align for us to run into each other one of these days! Also, BIG HUG. You are strong, lady! The best is yet to come :) XO, Em (roomie from college)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Miss Em. Yes, hopefully a run-in someday! Thanks for the love, xo!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my. Such a hard thing, but I so admire your outlook. Wishing you all the peace and comfort you can find.

    ReplyDelete