Monday, December 1, 2014

Grace in small things

I used to do these posts -- waaaay back in the day -- where I'd list 5ish things from the day that I felt grateful for. It was a reminder to focus on the little-but-good things that are sometimes too easy to forget. Especially important during times like oh, uh moving when change/transition/chaos feel like the norm.

1)  My INSANE (but truly beautiful IRL!) white, flocked, artificial Christmas tree. Never thought a fakey could bring me more joy than real, but oh ho ho yes. I love it so hard. Harper and I keep hugging it, overcome by tree love.

2) The way Bea scoot/crawls around. Kind of like a crab. Kind of like a weird spider. Also a turtle.

3) My new long-sleeve tees from J. Crew. That were on major discount. Soft and lush, but also sturdy. I bought three and am having a hard time putting on anything else.

4) Looking at Bea's vaccines all typed out on a sheet. It's like my mothering body of work.

5) Frozen cheeseburgers made unfrozen in a skillet, squished between rye toast. Just yeah.

6) Harper yelling "I just love you 159!"

No comments:

Post a Comment